Skip to main content

leon

    Leon might be the favorite movie I've ever watched. The plot of the movie, the excellent talents of the actors and the fact that the movie warms the heart proves how professionally Leon is made. I've always been someone who cares about non-ordinary, indescribable connections, and this movie pretty sweetly and deeply conveys feelings of childlike purity. I would like to talk about the effect of the film on me rather than the subject of the film and what the story wants to convey etc. Because the analysis of this movie is so boring to me.  There can be no analysis of everything, some things must be understood and accepted as they come. And to me, Leon is in this category. 

    One of my favorite details is that the film is very modest and reflects the aesthetics of its period in a very natural and organic way. The fact that because the film is visually simple and minimal, it did not cover up the emotional contained. Every scene was like a poetic narrative for me. I think the bond between Leon and Mathilda does not fit in with the general definition of love. I think their relationship was much more special than a classic love story between men and women.


    The fact that Mathilda did not even receive love from her family, and Mathilda's first encounter with love after meeting Leon, describing it as love is the love she has for Leon, a branch that will hold onto her for the first time in her life. I also think that the movie contains many symbolic scenes. One of the most touching symbolic scenes for me is, when Leon opens the door to Mathilda that she is in a very miserable state. As he opens the door, a strong light shines on Mathilda. And this was a silver lining to Mathilda. Life has gotten better since then. The same is true for Leon. His only friend is a flower until he meets Mathilda. For the first time, he felt the responsibility of a human being. And they both felt the love deeply. Also, every time I listen to Sting's song "Shape of my heart", which is associated with the movie, I think of the purity of love. 
I think Leon is a masterpiece and everyone will find a piece for themselves. 








Comments

Popular posts from this blog

the kiss and shutter island

     Adaptation of some famous paintings to movie scenes, video clips have become common in the contemporary era. Gustav Klimt's  The Kiss  painting and Martin Scorsese's  Shutter Island movie  hugging scene is the painting - mise-en-scène adaptation I will mention about. The reason why I chose this dual is, Gustav Klimt's painting gives the senses of intensity, abstract sparkle occurring inside human emotion, attachment, and passion   in a very effective way. The denotation of the scene from Shutter Island is highly relative to the painting and I could not imagine any other artwork can be replaced with the scene.         Gustav Klimt is an Austrian symbolist painter and one of the most well-known members of the Vienna Secession movement. Klimt's primary subject in his paintings is the female body, and his works are marked by a frank eroticism. Among the artists of the Vienna Secession, Klimt was the most affected by Japanese art and its forms. Klimt had a period calle